Access to Information Manual
RPM Engineering Group’s ()
(in terms of section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 i.e., PAIA)
Introduction to RPM Engineering Group.
RPM Engineering Group is a private company which conducts business as Mechanical Consulting Engineers (HVAC) in Bromhof, Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
Mrs. T. Wallett has been duly appointed by the CEO of RPM Engineering Group as the Information Officer and is the person to whom requests for access to information must be made in terms of PAIA and in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”).
RPM Engineering Group’s contact details
4 BUSH HILL Office Park
Rachelle Close, off Ostrich Road
Gauteng, South Africa
Mrs. T. Wallett
Telephone: (+27) 011 792-8700
RECORDS AVAILABLE IN TERMS OF LEGISLATION
RPM Engineering Group maintains records in terms of the following legislation (non-exhaustive list):
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act 53 of 2003
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 130 of 1993
- Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002
- Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001
- Income Tax Act 58 of 1962
- Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995
- Legal Practice Act 28 of 2014
- Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993
- Pension Funds Act 24 of 1956
- Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000
- Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013
- Skills Development Act 97 of 1998
- Unemployment Insurance Contributions Act 4 of 2002
- Unemployment Insurance Act 30 of 1996, and
- Value Added Tax Act 89 of 1991.
SUBJECTS AND CATEGORIES OF INFORMATION
RPM Engineering Group maintains records in the following subjects and categories (non-exhaustive
IMPORTANT CLARIFYING NOTE:
The inclusion of any subject or category of records should not be taken as an indication that records falling within those subjects and/or categories will be made available under PAIA. Certain grounds of refusal as set out in PAIA may be applicable to a request for such records.
Incorporation, financial and constitutional documents
- Financial records
- Accounting records, books, and documents
- Interim and annual financial reports
- Details of auditors
- Auditors’ reports in respect of audits conducted
- Details of actuaries of the pension fund and the provident fund
- Invoices in respect of both creditors and debtors
- Tax returns, including other documents and agreements relating to taxation.
- Banking details, including indebtedness to bankers.
- Bank facilities and accounts details, including bank statements and the level of overdraft and
Human resources / employment records
- List of employees
- Contracts of employment with employees
- Personnel files in respect of each employee
- Disciplinary records and documentation pertaining to disciplinary proceedings.
- Documents relating to employee benefits
- Compensation or redundancy payments
- Tax information of employees
- Employment equity plan and related reports
- Skills development plans, including the Workplace Skills Plan and Annual Training Report
- Pension and/or provident fund agreement
- Training manuals and rosters
- Employee policies and procedures
- Other information relating to employees
- Trademarks, copyrights, and designs
- Records relating to domain names
- Licences relating to intellectual property rights.
- Other agreements relating to intellectual property rights.
Information pertaining to clients
- Agreements with clients
- Documentation and other information received from clients, including documentary information required in compliance with the Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001
- Documentation and other information received from third parties
- Correspondence with clients
- Correspondence with third parties
- Research conducted on behalf of clients
- Information prepared by partners and employees for clients, including opinions, memoranda and reports
- Records pertaining to legal proceedings involving clients
- Other information relating to, or held on behalf of, clients
- Insurance policies taken out for the benefit of RPM Engineering Group and its employees,
– group life assurance and disability income protection insurance,
– insurance in respect of the property occupied,
– insurance in respect of movable property,
– professional indemnity insurance,
– third party insurance in respect of passengers in vehicles driven by employees
Immovable and movable property
- Agreements for the lease of immovable property
- Agreements for the lease or sale of movable property
- Credit sale agreements and/or hire purchase agreements.
- Other agreements for the purchase, ordinary sale, conditional sale or hire of assets
- Computer software, support, and maintenance agreements.
- Other documentation pertaining to computer systems and computer programmes
Information contained on our website including:
- Areas of expertise and value offerings
- Specialist employee profiles
- News and publications
- Careers; and
- Loans from third parties (including banks)
- Loans to third parties
- Suretyship agreements
- Security agreements, guarantees and indemnities
- Agency, management, and distribution agreements
- Marketing agreements
- Agreements with suppliers
- Confidentiality and/or non-disclosure agreements
- Any other relevant agreements
THE REQUEST PROCEDURE
- The requester must use the prescribed form to make the request for access to a record. This must be made to the Information Officer. This request must be made to the electronic mail address of the Information Officer.
- The requester must provide sufficient detail on the request form to enable the Information Officer to identify the record and the requester. The requester should also indicate which form of access is required. The requester should also indicate if he or she wishes to be informed in any other manner and state the necessary particulars to be so informed.
- The requester must identify the right that he or she is seeking to exercise or protect and provide an explanation as to why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right.
- If a request is made on behalf of a person, the requester must submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction of the Information Officer.
- The Information Officer must notify the requester (other than a personal requester) by notice, requiring the requester to pay the relevant fee before further processing the request. A personal requester does not pay such a fee.
- The Information Officer will then decide on the request and notify the requester in the required form.
- If the request is granted then a further access fee must be paid for the search, reproduction, preparation and for any time that had exceeded the prescribed hours to search and prepare the record for disclosure.
- The prescribed forms and fees for requests to private bodies are available on the website of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development www.justice.gov.za
CHANGES TO THIS MANUAL
RPM Engineering Group may amend and update this manual from time to time and will ensure that such changes are carried out subject to and published in accordance with PAIA and POPIA.